By Matt Agorist (via Free Thought Project)
As TFTP reported earlier this month, Parler has been a haven for those who have been banned, deleted, or otherwise algorithmed into the memory hole by establishment media platforms. Users moved to Parler because the platform claimed not to censor their content and it was safe space for MAGA folks. For over a year, Parler has remained an open network where pro-Trump users largely proceeded uncensored. Until now. Though the Parler url is still active, it is no longer a functioning social media site.
In the middle of the night on January 11, Amazon took down Parler from its web-hosting service. Amazon Web Services, or AWS said Parler had violated its terms of service given its inadequate content-moderation practices for failing to remove posts glorifying the recent riot at the U.S. Capitol. Google and Apple joined in as well, ensuring that Parler is deplatformed indefinitely.
This move came on the heels of a massive purge of tens of thousands of pro-Trump folks who allegedly espoused ridiculous Qanon theories. It was bad enough that these folks were duped into following the psyop known as Q. Now, however, instead of realizing the absurdity of these ideas as they are debunked in the public arena, that is no longer an option. Now, they will grasp onto these whacky ideas as the massive monopolistic power of tech behemoths imposing their neoliberal will on them gives them justification for doing so.
In the meantime, however, the social media giants Twitter and Facebook remain unfazed as they keep their insidious relationships with the US government thriving. While banning Trump for his speech during the riots at the capitol, Twitter is alleged in a lawsuit to have victimized a child by knowingly allowing a video of him to go viral.
The boy and his mother are now suing the platform alleging that it benefitted financially by failing to remove the video featuring the child and another minor — which was retweeted thousands of times and garnered nearly 200,000 views.
To be clear, this was not a mistake that simply didn’t pick up on the nature of the content. The boy and his mother, according to the lawsuit, repeatedly contacted Twitter about the content, but the social media giant allegedly didn’t suspend accounts distributing it until a federal agent from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) intervened.
In fact, according to the lawsuit, Twitter even responded to the boy and his mother via email and said the child porn did not violate its policies. According to the suit, an email shows Twitter telling John Doe on Jan. 28, 2020, that it “reviewed the content, and didn’t find a violation of our policies, so no action will be taken at this time.”
“What do you mean you don’t see a problem?” the minor asks in a response that same day. “We both are minors right now and were minors at the time these videos were taken. We both were 13 years of age.”
A subsequent screen shot shows that the video accumulated 167,000 views within a day and received more than 2,200 retweets and 6,640 likes.
The video made its way to Twitter after the boy was tricked into sharing the content with a fake account on Snapchat. The account belonged to child traffickers posing as a 16-year-old girl and they blackmailed the boy into sending in the video.
“Plaintiff John Doe was solicited and recruited for sex trafficking as a minor,” reads the lawsuit brought in part by the National Center on Sexual Exploitation (NCOSE). “After John Doe escaped from the manipulation, child sexual abuse material depicting John Doe was disseminated on Twitter. When Twitter was first alerted to this fact and John Doe’s age, Twitter refused to remove the illegal material and instead continued to promote and profit from the sexual abuse of this child.”
Twitter has not confirmed any details about the incident. But the attorney representing the family says the video going viral — despite the heavy-handed censorship on the platform — shows that they are more concerned with censoring political speech than protecting children.
“We found it very interesting that Twitter, over the last few months, has really shown the world what kind of policing of their platform they are capable of, what the technology is they have at their fingertips, and what they are able to do,” Lisa Haba, partner at the Haba Law Firm, told Fox News in an interview.
She then added that “you would think that amongst everything they are able to police that there would be a premium priority on the protection of children. They literally have policies stating that they’ll do that but their practices say another word.”
As FOX reported, John Doe is seeking damages under the federal Trafficking Victims’ Protection Reauthorization Act, and claiming the platform was a significant cause of his distress. As the suit noted, recent legislation has clarified that Section 230 doesn’t apply to platforms that knowingly facilitate sex trafficking.
For years, TFTP has reported on this phenomenon of Facebook attacking political speech while child exploitation goes unchecked. In 2018, Facebook and Twitter — without warning or justification — deleted the pages of Free Thought Project and Police the Police which had over 5 million followers.
During this purge, they also removed hundreds of other pages including massive police accountability groups, antiwar activists, alternative media, and libertarian news outlets. Facebook claimed to remove these pages in the name of fighting disinformation online and creating a safer user experience. But this was a farce. Illustrating just how big of an ostentatious sham this was, just weeks after claiming to keep their community safe, a child was openly sold on their platform.
An auction was held on Facebook in which a child bride was put up for sale in a public post. People openly bid on Facebook for a 16-year-old girl’s hand in marriage.
Facebook claims they removed the post, but this wasn’t until weeks after the auction had ended and the girl had been sold. Had the post had something about Qanon on it, however, rest assured, it would have been removed immediately.
This was no isolated incident either. The Guardian reported a study in 2020 that suggested Facebook is not fully enforcing its own standards banning content that exploits or endangers children.
According to the study, it examined at least 366 cases between January 2013 and December 2019, according to a report from the not-for-profit investigative group Tech Transparency Project (TPP) analyzing Department of Justice news releases.
Of the 366 cases of child sex abuse on Facebook, the social media giant reported just 9% of them to authorities. Investigations initiated by authorities discovered the other 91% of the cases — not Facebook.
It’s not just Facebook either. Twitter is in the same boat. In 2020, TFTP reported on Twitter allowing the promotion of child molestation on their platform.
Since we reported on the rebranding of pedophiles as Minor Attracted Persons several years ago, the terminology became so popular that it morphed into multiple categories and abbreviations. There are now NOMAPS, which apparently are the “best kind” of MAP because the “NO” means they don’t want to have sex with children. That’s where the pro-c MAPs come in. The “pro-c” denotes pro-contact as in the belief that children can consent into having physical contact and sex with an adult. Children cannot consent to sex with an adult.
Though our report led to the deletion of multiple accounts who openly advocated for sex with children, these pro-pedophile tags on Twitter still openly trend to promote this content.
The platforms that swiftly moved in and banned pro-peace, anti-racist, pro-liberty, and antiwar speech have no problem allowing #mappositivity #mappositivity2 #mappositivity3 #mappride #mapcommunity#mapcommunity2 #mapally #promap #zoophile #zoopride #zoopositivity #zoosexual.
If you still think that big tech censorship is in your best interests, you need to read this article.